Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just call Me Sea Bass!


We finally got to head down south to look for black fin tuna this past Saturday. I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time this year. I went out with my duck hunting buddy Drew, Pat and his friend, who will remain unnamed and out of the pictures long story!! With a lot of cold water that pushed down from the north over night, we knew the tuna bite would be off, so we went with PLAN "B". Yes there is always a plan "B"! We went fishing for some Black Sea Bass. First stop...Smooth Dog sharks, fun to fight but not exactly what we were looking for. Stop #2 in deeper water, we found some nice sea bass!! These were some nice and tasty fish. Now we are heading back down south so I may follow my true dream of becoming yes, A SCALLOPER, if I'm not too tired. I will post tomorrow and let you know how this little adventure goes.

4 comments:

  1. i love scallops they taste great, just don't like to shuck em. bagel boy don't hate ches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah scallops are the best.I'm glad I can truly be a SCALLOPER.May be on the next trip bagel boy can shuck some, and make the new scallop egg and cheese bagel.Burnt Bagels to you my friend,and a fresh casserolle of salmon eggs and mayonnaise.Courtesty of Russia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ches,
    Just wanted to thank you again for an awesome day of wreck fishing. Those Sea Bass were quite tasty. Keep us in mind when you are ready for that tuna trip.
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank's Pat,Hopefully sooner then later.The water should warm up down there soon!Also may know were some school size rock are at.

    ReplyDelete