Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Park rangers are nice guys too! Thanks!




New guy always gets the big one!



Stokes here in the little beach lauch getting ready for an evening whacking!

My friend Todd, A very smart man bribes me for fishing info, he is always in the meat!!!




OI sunset
My Cleveland crew with some cows!





Fished the 7th and 8th and off today. On the 7th we found slow conditions. Lots of boats showed up from somewhere in the parking lot. Full moon and clear night skies. Randy and I pushed around 10 miles north of the inlet and trolled east and in the afternoon landed 6 out of eight bited trolling for an hour or so. We released the fish and they were in the 18-24lb range. So super pig whacking Randy's giant moby catch fest was slowed today but we go again this weekend!!
The 8th was a beautiful weather day along the beaches. The last 10 trips we have been within 16 miles of Oregon-Inlet but the hot bite was up the beach the day before and so off we went to find a slow squashed bite. We were just North of the Hampton Inn 7 miles North of Duck pier. The Hoover fleet from Va was there and these big Chesapeake deadrises get it done 16 rods and suck the fish off the floor. The Dewey party from Cleveland hung with me and after a few pulled fish Ches put me on the mark and we picked out a nice catch 1.5 miles off the beach of Pine Island. Our biggest was a 40lber. Pretty work guys! Hope you had a good time at the dirty bird, aka black pelican. Of course was the kick in the pants from three different buddies calling me telling me how good the jigging bite was 2.8miles from the Oregon-Inlet sea bouy. We headed back from our 30 miles steam to find that bite squashed from a couple draggers and dropnetters preparing for today's striper commercial season. Felt like I have zigged and zagged right most all the winter today I vortexed myself out of position. Devon on the poacher last night called and told me a buddy had called him with a 61lb released moby off Cape Henry. Piggy.
Also got to give a big shout to my friend Donnie (DOA)and his family and congrats on the new addition to the Davis family!!! http://www.doacharters.com/ I am sure he will running a few more evening trips with me this summer. Feel free to call us to book an evening shark/cobia chumming trip this summer already getting some of these bookings now!!!! Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment