Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

And the Cobia Hammer is born!!!!!!

Few years back a young man came fishing with me.  His name was Sean Hankinson.  As we cobia fished I told him I always wanted a cobia skin rod but never could find anyone who knew how to tan the skin and get it on a rod.  Well he took it to heart.  He loves cobia fishing and wanted to build rods.  After trial and error on skins and some guidance from local accomplished rod builders Nathan and Nick.  Well anyways he did it! He built me a cobia skin cobia rod!  Man we are cobia nuts I guess like most cobia fisherman are.  We named the rod cobia hammer.  He put cobia on the butt wraps and all the way up every tangle free guide .  As you go higher the cobia skin gets lighter!  Well thanks Sean, job well done!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment