Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ole JR gets it done!!



Fished with ole Jr. Friday and sat.  We caught a bunch of schoolie size rock and a few trout on fri.  I was leading three of the four side bet categories.  Fun action and good time. Sat once again I was out to a quick lead!  It was blowing hard and sleeting.  The bite was a pick so I figured I was gonna have this one in the bag.  Jr needed a piggy. Bam he hooked up to a stud something.  Pulled off thirty yards of drag then it pulled off?!  Major bummer.  Well Jr twitched the lure and couple more times and hooked up again!!! What in the world.  Drag singing!! I figured maybe he had passed through a school of nice drum or something.  After ten or so minutes we saw a tail flap and realized it was a fat speckled trout!! Got her in the net.  Got a few pics did a length and girth cheered for a minute then let her go.  That's why I keep one of those 15lb boga grips they are super accurate.  Fish was 30.5 inches 17 girth and nine pounds!  Cb knocked me down a few pegs on some of our side bet categories but hats off to him!  Cbbbbbbbbb!!!!! If that's not a cabin fever cure all I do not know what is.  Great job Jr.  We act like kids out there fishing.  Also fish was landed on Jrs brand new custom drum skin rod Capt Nemo (aka Nick Walke Tws bait n tackle) had made for him on its maiden fishing trip!  Now we gotta get a ten pounder!  Guys have caught em bigger than that up there.  I think the journey and atticipation is as much fun as actually catching a trophy fish.  We buy lures all shapes and sizes get jacked up when the new " secret weapon lure" comes in from Japan  or where ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment