Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cobia off Ocracoke


Here are a few pics I got off the wife's digital camera. Once again I killed yet another. Gotta get one of those waterproof shockproof sinkproof cameras. When my guys get there pics in I will get more cobia shots up. The first shot is of team Capuzzer we landed 5 cobia on May 24th despite the windy overcast conditions. On the second shot team Trent saw two and caught two not a bad average on May 22nd. On the 23rd with Super Randy we saw 12 fish and got a few in the boat that we tagged and released. Easier to gaff them and throw them in the box then grabbing them but Randy likes to throw them back. Plus it is cool to help out the resource and maybe we can get a return tag sometime from last years tags or this years and help formulate a better migratory pattern and stock assessment. These fish were landed sightcasting from the tower of the boat. I still have the Rock Solid tied up in Hatteras due to cool water temps off Oregon Inlet. We have been fishing from Hatt Inlet to Ocracoke Inlet with little or no boats around fishing which is always quite enjoyable. Should be lurking off Oregon Inlet around June 1. Been fishing everyday so I will post when I can. Call the house for booking info 252 441 6575 so we can get you and yours rigged up with some quality fish! Thanks everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment